Post by email

If you want to post your views directly on this page,

mailto:smelink.fellows@blogger.com



Monday, May 11, 2009

Can Independents win votes?

What is wrong with parties?
If you are passionate about your ideals and want to make a difference in politics, then why not join a party and have a genuine chance of realising your ambition?
“One of my major issues is that all parties take in criminals and all of them take as bedfellows whose ideologies are completely contradictory to what they profess,” said Sarabhai, who has challenged BJP’s prime ministerial candidate L K Advani in Gandhinagar.
Sanyal is pitted against Congress leader Milind Deora and Shiv Sena politician Mohan Ravale. Does she really have a chance against these organised parties?
“I think my chances are quite high. My issues are about Mumbai. I am not standing against Milind Deora or Mohan Ravale. I am standing for Mumbai. If their party system is strong what have they delivered for Mumbai, that is the question,” said Sanyal.
“I do not feel fazed by the fact that I am an Independent–what I am independent from is the apathy of politics, the criminalisation of politics and from the corruption we see all around us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment